Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ouija Scare ( Let's go back 15 years )



Let's go back 15 years..... A harmless little fun or something more? 

Two friends gather round for a fun " game " of The Psychic Circle.  The sun is starting to set, the warm humid air filling the small boy's bedroom.  His parents had no problem with the game itself, it's harmless, it's not the Ouija, so we were allowed to use this Psychic Circle.  

The sun set, darkness has come, the fog from the pond, behind the house gives off a ghostly glow.  We called this Pond " The Bottomless Pit " for it is literally bottomless.  The perfect setting for a harmless " game " and a great way to spook ourselves.  Anne unfolds the Psychic Circle, I take out the round, very 80's style Planchette.  We're just about ready.

We light our candles, four to be exact, we light our incense.  I get up real fast to turn off the lights, to give it even more of a " spooky " feeling.  Spooky was the feeling alright.  I look at Anne and she looks back at me; " are we ready? " she asks, I nod; " yes ".

With one finger on the small circular Planchette we call out, asking for any spirits to come.  " Come and talk to us " Anne and myself both repeat.  " We don't mean you any harm, we just want to talk and ask some questions".  Now you'd figure the typical teenage stereotype would play out here.   " You're pushing it ", " No I'm not! ", " Yes you are! ".  That wasn't the case.

Both Anne and myself being firm believers in the Occult and Paranormal, let the Planchette move over the letters, the symbols, the astrological sigils printed on the board.  " This is really quite fascinating " I say to Anne, as I look at her with a little disbelief.  " I'm really not moving it, God's honest truth" Anne giggles a bit.  

The Planchette glides smoothly over the entire board, moving very rapidly.  I look at Anne again in disbelief.  She looks at me with a " I'm hardly even touching the damn thing ", remark under her breath.  The energy in the room is getting really thick at this point.  It's almost as if something is " inside " of our hands guiding the oracle around.  The incense smoke burrows across the board, the candles flicker in a very rapid, erie kind of way, almost synced together, in some way.  

" This is getting a little strange, I've never seen this move like this! " Anne replies.  " I know, it's sort of spooky, let's ask some questions, do you want to? " I replied.  " Oh yes! " with excitement in Anne's eyes.  We both are so excited, astonished at what we're actually seeing, with our own eyes.  I go ahead and ask my first question.  " Is anything BIG going to happen anytime soon? "  The planchette starts to move across the board.  I look at Anne, she looks at me.  What we saw spelled out blew our minds.  " Shooting ".  Now at this point your typical, teenage, stereotype kicks in.   

I look at Anne " are you pushing it?!!? Because if you are this is not even fucking funny! "  " God, no!  Why would I even want to spell that?  Are you pushing it?"  " Fuck no, I'm not! "  I replied with frustration.  We know it's not ourselves moving the planchette, what is?  A spirit, demon, or something else?

To be continued.... 






 Copyright 2015 Ryan Espich









No comments:

Post a Comment