Friday, May 1, 2015

" Anne "


Anne never did return to our daily chats, voice chats, etc.  I stopped getting letters from her in the mail.  About 5 months after I gave up on trying to reach her for a third time, I got a small, unaddressed envelope in the mail.  It had my address on it but not a return.  I opened up the little white envelope.. It was a picture of Anne.  Long, beautiful, black hair.  Very Gypsy looking, Bohemian style.  I looked at this picture, sat it down and wept for hours.  I knew she was gone, the cancer had gotten her.  I felt so lost, deserted and almost betrayed.  

I then went to my grandmother, Veronica, whom we all know about.  I told her all about Anne.  She sat me down and explained to me what cancer was, what had happened and why Anne never betrayed me, in the end, she never did.  It wasn't her fault.  I was still so sad and upset, I would tell my Ganny.  She'd hug me and just tell me it would be ok, things will work out.  Just being hugged by my Grandmother was enough to heal anything.  I was ease, for a while. 

Ryan Espich 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment